3M E-A-R Classic CC-01-000 Roll-Down Corded Earplugs provide excellent noise reduction by up to 29 decibels (SNR 29) and all day comfort. Fast, economical and efficient hearing protection. Ideal for use where noise is a problem, either in work or leisure activities.
The 3M E-A-R Classic earplugs are made from temperature reactive, slow-expanding foam. The earplugs are firm enough to be easily fitted, then soften over time as they are exposed to body heat. This creates an effective seal and makes them comfortable to wear, even for extended periods of time. The earplugs also have the added benefit of being moisture resistant, so they can be cleaned and re-used up to 3 times.
The 3M E-A-R Classic CC-01-000 Roll-Down Corded Earplugs are available now at Safety Supplies. Call our friendly team today for further details and expert advice on all of your PPE and ear protection needs.
Fitting Instructions for 3M E-A-R Classic Roll-Down Ear Plugs
- With clean hands, roll (don’t squeeze) the ear plug between your thumb and first 2 fingers until the diameter of the plug is as small as possible.
- Reach over your head with the opposite hand and pull the top of your ear to open the ear canal.
- While you are holding the ear open, quickly push the rolled end of the plug into your ear as far as possible.
- Keep your finger on the end of the plug for about 10 seconds until the plug expands to seal the ear.
- The disposable ear plug should be properly positioned in the ear canal.
Checking the fit of your 3M Ear Plugs
- Always fit your ear plugs so that they seal the ear closed. Once you put both plugs in, check the fit by talking out loud. Your voice should sound hollow, as if you are talking in a barrel. The noises around you should not sound as loud as they did before you put the plugs in.
- If you aren’t sure you have inserted the foam plug correctly, take it out of your ear and look at it before it expands. There should be no wrinkles or creases in the plug. At least 1⁄2 to 1⁄3 of the plug should be curved like the shape of your ear canal.
- Re-check the fit often. Your ear plugs may loosen up when you talk and chew. If this happens, you could lose your protection from noise.
- If you don’t get a good seal, you may get little or no protection from noise, so try another type of hearing protector.
Below are related product data sheets, click to download and view a datasheet.