3M E-A-R Classic PP-01-002 Disposable Earplugs are the world’s first, and most popular foam earplug. They remain popular today due to their quality and noise reducing benefits. Although it’s classed as a disposable foam ear plug, they can actually be washed and re-used up to 3 times. They offer incredible value for money due to their low cost and reuse value. They are also moisture resistant – this is especially important when working in hot & humid working environments. Ideal for use where noise is a problem either in work or leisure activities.
The 3M E-A-R Classic disposable earplugs are made from a soft energy absorbing polymer foam. This provides excellent all day comfort and hearing protection, reducing background noise by up to 28 decibels (SNR 28). Once in the ear, the foam plugs expands to provide a snug, secure and comfortable fit. Keeping your hearing protected is vital, but it’s just as important that ear plugs are comfortable to wear. If your ear plugs are uncomfortable your employees are less likely to wear them and risk damaging their ears.
The 3M E-A-R PP-01-002 Classic Disposable Earplugs are available now at Safety Supplies. Call our friendly team today for further details and expert advice on all of your PPE and hearing protection needs.
Fitting Instructions for 3M E-A-R Classic Earplugs
- With clean hands, roll (don’t squeeze) the ear plug between your thumb and first 2 fingers until the diameter of the plug is as small as possible.
- Reach over your head with the opposite hand and pull the top of your ear to open the ear canal.
- While you are holding the ear open, quickly push the rolled end of the plug into your ear as far as possible.
- Keep your finger on the end of the plug for about 10 seconds until the plug expands to seal the ear.
- The disposable ear plug should be properly positioned in the ear canal.
Checking the fit of your 3M Ear Plugs
- Always fit your ear plugs so that they seal the ear closed. Once you put both plugs in, check the fit by talking out loud. Your voice should sound hollow, as if you are talking in a barrel. The noises around you should not sound as loud as they did before you put the plugs in.
- If you aren’t sure you have inserted the foam plug correctly, take it out of your ear and look at it before it expands. There should be no wrinkles or creases in the plug. At least 1⁄2 to 1⁄3 of the plug should be curved like the shape of your ear canal.
- Re-check the fit often. Your ear plugs may loosen up when you talk and chew. If this happens, you could lose your protection from noise.
- If you don’t get a good seal, you may get little or no protection from noise, so try another type of hearing protector.
Below are related product data sheets, click to download and view a datasheet.