Haika Medical Face Masks
Medical face masks are recommended as a means of source control. They decrease the transmission of a virus by preventing the spread of respiratory droplets produced by coughing or sneezing. These masks are Type II R rated, therefore they also provide the wearer with protection from liquid droplets.
Medical face masks are classified into two types: Type I and Type II according to their Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE). The BFE determines the amount of infective agent retained by the face mask and therefore directly relates to the amount of bacteria released through the mask and into the environment. The Type II masks are further divided according to Splash Resistance Pressure which determines their resistance to potentially contaminated fluid splashes.
- A Type II R mask is splash resistant, the letter ‘R’ signifies splash resistance.
- A Type II mask is not splash resistant.
Surgical Masks Key Features and Benefits
- Excellent Bacterial Filtration Efficiency 98%
- Splash Resistant
- Easy to fit & adjusted over the nose and mouth
- Low breathing resistance and excellent comfort to wearer
- Tested in accordance with EN14683:2019
- Size: 17.5cm x 9.5cm
- Material: 3ply – Ear loop
- Medical Device Directive
- MDD 93/42ECC
- EN 14683: 2019
- Class 1
Great for: healthcare/ medical/virus control/ dentistry/ returning to work/ general public