The Latchways PRD is an integrated harness system allowing self-rescue. The lightweight, unobtrusive rescue device is contained in a small backpack which is attached to the full body harness and is designed to be used in conjunction with a fall protection system or anchor point.
In the event of a fall the PRD harness suspends the user and then allows them to gently lower themselves to the ground in a controlled descent. The device features a 20 m (65ft) spool of Aramid rope which is released at a controlled rate through an integral braking mechanism. The innovative design uses quality componentry and limited number of moving parts to always ensure 100% mechanical integrity.
- Descent Height: 20m (65ft)
- Complete Weight: 3.6kg
- Descent Speed: 0.5 - 2m per second
- Secondary Release Mechanism: If rescue is not possible, can be used by a third party.
- Components Part: Descent line made from Aramid Rope
- Harness: EN361:2002
- Harness: ANSI Z359.1.2007
- Descender: EN 341:2011 Type 1, Class D
- Descender: ANSI Z359.1.2007
- Waterproof & Dustproof IP56 (Ingress Protection)
- -20℃ to +60℃ Operating Temperature
- ATEX Rated